Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it> on 2016/02/05 17:28:08 UTC

taskmanager.memory.off-heap bc requirement not documented

Hi to all,

I've just tried to set *taskmanager.memory.off-heap* to true in my
flin-conf.yml file but I had to install bc command before able to use it.
That is not documented (or maybe I dind't find that requirement at
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-master/setup/config.html) .
Do you want me to create a JIRA for this?

Best,
Flavio

Re: taskmanager.memory.off-heap bc requirement not documented

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
Hi Flavio,

You're right, it is not documented. However, there is a message that
explains that bc is required when you start the cluster. On many
clusters it is preinstalled. Please create a JIRA if you like.

Cheers,
Max