Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Radu Cotescu <ra...@apache.org> on 2018/03/08 13:03:11 UTC

Fwd: Google Summer of Code 2018 Mentor Registration

Hi,

Is this something we could try this year? I've recently stumbled (again)
upon an issue that could be an interesting summer project:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7231
The issue in question is fairly isolated from the rest of the stack, so the
ramping-up period should be rather short, and IMO it would be a win-win
situation.

Do we have other proposals that make sense?

Any ideas that we'd like to promote for GSoC should be on JIRA, labeled
with 'gsoc2018' [4].

Cheers,
Radu

[4] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12343065

Posted by Daniel Klco <dk...@apache.org>.
If we're addressing updating the OWASP usage in XSS API for SLING-7231, I'd
suggest we also handle the same for the encode EL Function / Tag in JSP
Taglibs. Should I just append it to the issue or create another issue?

Posted by Konrad Windszus <ko...@gmx.de>.
Very much +1 on SLING-7231.

Re: Fwd: Google Summer of Code 2018 Mentor Registration

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2018-03-08 at 13:03 +0000, Radu Cotescu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is this something we could try this year? I've recently stumbled
> (again)
> upon an issue that could be an interesting summer project:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-7231
> The issue in question is fairly isolated from the rest of the stack,
> so the
> ramping-up period should be rather short, and IMO it would be a win-
> win
> situation.
>
> Do we have other proposals that make sense?

I've added some issue labels. The question is - who is willing to be a
mentor?

Robert