Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Robert Davis <d3...@hotmail.com> on 2016/07/13 02:00:34 UTC

Uninstall Issue

I have a question regarding uninstalling open office.  I currently want to uninstall it, but it is not showing up in the list of programs where you would uninstall it?  The icon is on the task bar, where I put it.  I can click on it, so open office is still installed, but why can't I see it to uninstall it?

Thanks

Robert Davis

Heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place....  Police, Firefighters, and members of our Armed Forces......

Re: Uninstall Issue

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Wed, 13 Jul 2016 12:26:58 -0700
"Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org> wrote:

> Also, if you are on Windows, Robert, you can use the Control Panel to uninstall Apache OpenOffice.  There are different ways to find the Control Panel depending on the version of Windows you are using.
>
> On the control panel dashboard, use the Programs (Uninstall a program) item.  The programs are listed in alphabetical order.  You'll find Apache OpenOffice under OpenOffice 4.1.2 (for the latest release).  Select that and click "Uninstall" in the menu above the list of programs.
>
> This will leave some information on your system so that a reinstall will preserve some of your settings.  These are benign and should not be a concern.
>
>  - Dennis

A private email informed me that Revo Uninstaller worked

Rory

Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

RE: Uninstall Issue

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <de...@acm.org>.