Posted to users@maven.apache.org by je...@zdalnyserwis.net.pl on 2020/10/13 22:47:45 UTC

Maven versions plugin check far too many versions

When I run "mvn versions:use-latest-releases" it checks for example for
versions of the following:

[INFO] artifact io.dropwizard.metrics:metrics-ehcache: checking for updates
from central

[INFO] artifact io.dropwizard.metrics:metrics-ehcache: checking for updates
from snapshots

[INFO] artifact io.dropwizard.metrics:metrics-graphite: checking for updates
from central

[INFO] artifact io.dropwizard.metrics:metrics-graphite: checking for updates
from snapshots

The lists goes on and on and on - but the problems is that my project does
not use this dependencies - although it does include spring-parent as
dependency and these packages are declared here. Is there a way to tell the
plugin not to check for dependencies from some pom? My projects uses five
dependencies and waiting 20 minutes (!) for these checks to be complete is
an absolute waste of time.

JD

Re: Maven versions plugin check far too many versions

Posted by Nick Stolwijk <ni...@gmail.com>.
As far as I know you should use use-latest-versions, which does checks if
you use the latest version of the imported pom and not the latest versions
of the imported dependencies.

With regard,

Nick Stolwijk

~~~ Try to leave this world a little better than you found it and, when
your turn comes to die, you can die happy in feeling that at any rate you
have not wasted your time but have done your best ~~~

Lord Baden-Powell

Posted by je...@zdalnyserwis.net.pl.

Thanks, although <includesList> was not that, I was able to find <excludes> and <excludesList> thanks to information provided.

JD

Posted by Matthieu BROUILLARD <ma...@brouillard.fr>.