Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Meyer <mi...@bluewin.ch> on 2006/03/22 22:43:56 UTC

[M2] Create Ant plugin from a Antlib build.xml file

Hi
I have created a build.xml file with antlib
(http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks.html).
It looks something like this:

<project ... xmlns:artifact="urn:maven-artifact-ant">

  <typedef resource="org/apache/maven/artifact/ant/antlib.xml" uri="urn:maven-artifact-ant">
    <classpath>
      <pathelement location="lib/maven-artifact-ant-2.0-2-dep.jar" />
    </classpath>
  </typedef>

  <artifact:pom id="maven.project" file="pom.xml" />

  <target name="version">
    <echo>The version is ${maven.project.version}</echo>
  </target>

</project>

Now I would like to create a maven 2 plugin from this build.xml file
(http://maven.apache.org/guides/plugin/guide-ant-plugin-development.html).

Can anybody tell me where I could place the
maven-artifact-ant-2.0-2-dep.jar so that the plugin finds it?
I tried adding it as a dependancy to the plugin, and I added it as a
dependancy to the project that calls the plugin
and i tried adding it to main/src/resources. Nothing worked. I always
get the classical ant error message that a library wasn't found...

Cheers, michael

[M2: ant-plugin-development] Is there a description of the basename.mojos.xml file format?

Posted by Michael Meyer <mi...@bluewin.ch>.
Hi
I tried to fork a new lifecycle in my basename.mojos.xml file as
described on http://maven.apache.org/guides/plugin/guide-ant-plugin-development.html

But I couldn't find out where to put the <execute> tag. I always got a parse error.
Does anybody know where to put the <execute> tag or if there is a documentation
around for the mojos files?

Cheers, michael

Below is the hint that you find on the page:

<pluginMetadata>
   <mojos>
     <mojo>
       .
       .
       .
       <execute>
         <lifecycle>my-custom-lifecycle</lifecycle>
         <phase>package</phase>

         <goal>some:goal</goal>
       </execute>
       .