Posted to dev@sis.apache.org by johann sorel <jo...@geomatys.com> on 2017/08/01 09:29:53 UTC

Re: Proposal for DataStore API

Ok, so we will have :

+ DataStore :
  - Metadata getMetadata()
  - Resource getRootResource()
  - Resource findResource(String name)

+ Resource :
  - Metadata getMetadata()
  - Envelope getEnvelope()

+ Aggregate extends Resource :
  - Collection<Resource> getResources();

+ DataSet extends Resource

+ FeatureSet extends DataSet :
  - Stream<Feature> read()
  - FeatureSet subset(Query)

+CoverageSet extends FeatureSet :
  - to be defined

We are just mimicking the metadata model, ISO-19115 is not made to
manage datas.
it is missing of lot of aspects anyway, queries, filters, creation,
deletion, transactions...

A WMS would likely be a WMSDataStore with a root resource of type
Aggregate and children
resources of type CoverageSet for each layer of the getCapabilities.
The SV_Service would be only in the getMetadata().

Johann Sorel