Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andrew B Forman <an...@wcom.com> on 2001/12/17 15:04:33 UTC

Dispatch Action Conundrum

I'm having trouble utilizing the DispatchAction correctly.

I've a page of links which serve as section areas for my
application.  Each of them will need to call an action
to setup the data & forward to the correct jsp.

>From what I've read, it seems that the DispatchAction
is perfectly suited for this task.

The setup is below.

The problem I'm running into is that when I try to
utilize one of the links I get a 500 and an error
is logged:

Context log path="" :action: Error creating Action
instance for path '/enterpriseDispatch', class name
'wcom.gend.iasa.ipcom.action.EnterpriseDispatchAction'

any ideas?

Andrew

_\|/_______________________________
  generation-d development
  andrew b forman
  aim: ph0rman

setup
-----

I've set an entry in my struts-config.  For now only
the location action is set up:

    <action    path="/enterpriseDispatch"

type="wcom.gend.iasa.ipcom.action.EnterpriseDispatchAction"
                   scope="request"
                   parameter="area">
                   <forward name="sipsetup"
path="/WEB-INF/jsp/sipsetup.jsp"/>
                   <forward name="location" path="/location"/>
                   <forward name="gateway"
path="/WEB-INF/jsp/gateway/manage.jsp"/>
    </action>
    <action    path="/location"
                   type="wcom.gend.iasa.ipcom.action.LocationAction"
                   scope="request"
                   name="locationForm"
                   validate="false">
                   <forward name="success"
path="/WEB-INF/jsp/locations/manage.jsp"/>
    </action>

my action looks like:

public class EntepriseDispatchAction extends DispatchAction
{
  public EntepriseDispatchAction() { super(); }

  public ActionForward sipsetup( ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
    HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
    throws IOException, ServletException
  { return ( mapping.findForward( "sipsetup" ) );  }

  public ActionForward location( ActionMapping mapping, ActionForm form,
    HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response)
    throws IOException, ServletException
  { return ( mapping.findForward( "location" ) );  }

in my jsp I'm calling it as so:

             <bean:message key="enterpriseconfig.link.subscriber"/>