Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by "Bunck, Peter" <P....@fss.uu.nl> on 2001/03/07 09:42:00 UTC

Defining $PERL_CC

Hi,

I am trying to compile mod_perl 1.2.5 into apache 1.3.12 on a aix mini with
os 4.3.2.0
using perl 5.00503.
The problem that causes me to send this mail, is that I don't seem to get a
correct Makefile
for mod_perl in the apache source tree. The Makefile is unable to resolve
any of the perl compiler options
used in the Makefile. Could anyone please explain as how to get the
variables defined.

Thanks, Peter Bunck

--------
excerpt from the Makefile:
#   Reassemble mod_perl parameters
#   from Perl and Apache parameters
MP_CC=$(PERL_CC)
MP_CFLAGS=$(PERL_OPTIMIZE) -I$(PERL_INC) $(PERL_CCFLAGS) \
          $(PERL_DEFS) $(INCLUDES) $(CFLAGS)
MP_CFLAGS_SHLIB=$(PERL_CCCDLFLAGS) $(MP_CFLAGS)
MP_LD=$(PERL_LD)
MP_LDFLAGS_SHLIB=$(PERL_LDDLFLAGS)
MP_LIBS=$(PERL_LIBS)
MP_XSUBPP=$(PERL_XSUBPP)
MP_XSINIT=$(PERL_XSINIT)

configuration command:
perl Makefile.PL \
    APACHE_PREFIX=/usr/local/apache/bin  \
    APACHE_SRC=../apache_1.3.12/src \
    DO_HTTPD=1 \
    USE_APACI=1 \
    PREP_HTTPD=1 \
    EVERYTHING=1 \

Re: Defining $PERL_CC

Posted by Jens-Uwe Mager <ju...@helios.de>.
On Wed, Mar 07, 2001 at 09:42:00AM +0100, Bunck, Peter wrote:
> I am trying to compile mod_perl 1.2.5 into apache 1.3.12 on a aix mini with
> os 4.3.2.0
> using perl 5.00503.
> The problem that causes me to send this mail, is that I don't seem to get a
> correct Makefile
> for mod_perl in the apache source tree. The Makefile is unable to resolve
> any of the perl compiler options
> used in the Makefile. Could anyone please explain as how to get the
> variables defined.

You did not show any of the commands that failed, but I assume that you
attempt to build modperl with a different C compiler than perl itself,
this is not going to work. Especially the gcc command line options are
different enough from the ones the IBM C compiler understands, and the
modperl build procedure relies on the values recorded at the time perl
was build.

--
Jens-Uwe Mager

HELIOS Software GmbH