Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> on 2006/10/03 13:29:24 UTC

Hi from the Cocoon GetTogether in Amsterdam

Vincent Hennebert, Simon Pepping, Bertrand Delacrétaz and I sit together
here at the Cocoon GetTogether discussing all sorts of things about FOP.
Topics so far were: letting line and page breaking interact for more
layout functionality, general discussions about the Knuth-based layout
approach including Simon's generalized approach, the font system
(ToUnicode CMAPs, OpenType support, FOrayFont...), page-number-citations,
minimum JDK requirements, the next FOP release, etc. etc.

No decisions, of course, just exchanging information, finding out stuff...

Yesterday, Lars Trieloff and I have implemented a new Cocoon Block for
FOP 0.92beta and later. The patch has already been committed to the
Cocoon 2.2.x repo. It was nice to see how the new API paid off, reducing
the number of lines necessary for the integration and adding support for
URI resolution which was a huge problem for Cocoon with FOP 0.20.5.

Generally, this event is a great opportunity to get to know each other
and to discuss in a different way. Big thanks to the Cocoon community
for letting us take part in their event. The location and food is very
good and we enjoy this very much. It would have been cool to have even
more team members here.

Some photos from the event (more photos being added as the event
progresses...): http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=cocoongt2006

Jeremias Maerki
from Amsterdam, NL

Re: Hi from the Cocoon GetTogether in Amsterdam

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 10/3/06, Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch> wrote:

> ...Big thanks to the Cocoon community
> for letting us take part in their event...

With my Cocoonista hat on: thanks to you FOP guys for being here,
there are definitely synergies between our projects and it's good to
see that happen IRL as well.

-Bertrand

Re: Hi from the Cocoon GetTogether in Amsterdam

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Summing up, this was really good. I hope we can do it again next year.
Too bad, that at the end our SVN access didn't work anymore. Someone
seemed to have changed something in the Wifi setup and HTTPS suddenly
ran through a proxy of some sort. I still have a couple of commits ahead
of me this weekend.

On 03.10.2006 13:29:24 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Vincent Hennebert, Simon Pepping, Bertrand Delacrétaz and I sit together
> here at the Cocoon GetTogether discussing all sorts of things about FOP.
> Topics so far were: letting line and page breaking interact for more
> layout functionality, general discussions about the Knuth-based layout
> approach including Simon's generalized approach, the font system
> (ToUnicode CMAPs, OpenType support, FOrayFont...), page-number-citations,
> minimum JDK requirements, the next FOP release, etc. etc.
>
> No decisions, of course, just exchanging information, finding out stuff...
>
> Yesterday, Lars Trieloff and I have implemented a new Cocoon Block for
> FOP 0.92beta and later. The patch has already been committed to the
> Cocoon 2.2.x repo. It was nice to see how the new API paid off, reducing
> the number of lines necessary for the integration and adding support for
> URI resolution which was a huge problem for Cocoon with FOP 0.20.5.
>
> Generally, this event is a great opportunity to get to know each other
> and to discuss in a different way. Big thanks to the Cocoon community
> for letting us take part in their event. The location and food is very
> good and we enjoy this very much. It would have been cool to have even
> more team members here.
>
> Some photos from the event (more photos being added as the event
> progresses...): http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=cocoongt2006
>
> Jeremias Maerki
> from Amsterdam, NL

Jeremias Maerki