Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by James <23...@qq.com> on 2017/10/01 11:25:02 UTC

computation on view

I want to generate reports in html table in Ignite as I do in traditional
database
1. load all data such as employee, address, department and organization from
database into ignite. The primary key and foreign key are still kept in
Ignite.
2. In order to do some computation and report,  first I need to use a lot of
join to generate a set of data as a view like in traditional database. How
do I create a view in Ignite.
3. On the data in above view, I need to query again to do a lot of
computations such as "group by" to find a maximum value.

What is best approach in Ignite?

Thanks,

James

Re: computation on view

Posted by James <23...@qq.com>.
Nikolai,

What is "describe on update events and update the cache"? Can you describe
them in detail or provide a url?

For question 3, can I use grid service to do some computation? Which one has
a better performance - SQL or grid service?

Thanks,

James.

Re: computation on view

Posted by Nikolai Tikhonov <nt...@apache.org>.
Hi,

1. The better way load data to Apache Ignite via DataStreamer. [1] Also
hight reccomend configure properly data colloacation. In this case
employees for one organization will be placed on the node that allows to
improve join performance. [2]

2. You can create a separate cache which will contains aggregation data
(similar db view), describe on update events and update the cache.

3. Apache Ignite does support this SQL functions and I guess you can with
minimal changes run them under caches with acceptable performance.