Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mon Cab <fu...@yahoo.com> on 2005/11/11 05:50:58 UTC

What happens to exceptions not handled within Action class ?

Specifically exceptions in execute().

Shouldnt these result in a stack trace printout in
Tomcat 5.  Or are they printed out to the logs.

Re: What happens to exceptions not handled within Action class ?

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.
I highly suggest using the global exception handling facility:

http://struts.apache.org/struts-doc-1.2.7/userGuide/building_controller.html#exception_handler

Frank

Laurie Harper wrote:
> In that case you must have configured or coded something to make that
> happen... Do you have something like 'try{ ... } catch (...) { return
> findForward("fail"); } in your action?
>
> L.
>
> Mon Cab wrote:
>
>> The browser is just redirecting to my "fail"
>> ActionMapping.  And there's nothing going in the logs
>> (neither the localhost, or the stdout logs) I'm using
>> Tomcat 5.0.28.
>>

>> --- Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net> wrote:

>>> By default, you'll get a stack trace in the browser
>>> window and it'll also be logged to stdout (console or catalina.out).
>>>
>>> L.

>>> For additional commands, e-mail:
>>> user-help@struts.apache.org

Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect
Omnytex Technologies
http://www.omnytex.com
AIM: fzammetti
Yahoo: fzammetti
MSN: fzammetti@hotmail.com

Re: What happens to exceptions not handled within Action class ?

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.

Posted by Mon Cab <fu...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.