Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2014/10/15 01:13:06 UTC

POODLE and ATS configs

Now that the POODLE is out of the bag, I think we should consider changing this for v5.1.1:

  {RECT_CONFIG, "proxy.config.ssl.SSLv3", RECD_INT, "1", RECU_RESTART_TS, RR_NULL, RECC_INT, "[0-1]", RECA_NULL}

I believe this does have a drawback: certain browsers / UAs on some OSes might not have TLS support. I think (but not 100% certain) that IE on Windows/XP is one such case?

Thoughts?

— Leif

http://googleonlinesecurity.blogspot.com/2014/10/this-poodle-bites-exploiting-ssl-30.html

Re: POODLE and ATS configs

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On Oct 14, 2014, at 5:25 PM, Jason J. W. Williams <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We've been running our sites with SSLv3 off for sometime, since we
> only support IE7 and newer in our services.
>
> Disabling SSLv3 hurts folks who need to support IE6 clients primarily.

You still have the option to enable it, of course:

	CONFIG proxy.config.ssl.SSLv3 INT 1

— Leif

Re: POODLE and ATS configs

Posted by Reindl Harald <h....@thelounge.net>.

Am 15.10.2014 um 01:25 schrieb Jason J. W. Williams:
> We've been running our sites with SSLv3 off for sometime, since we
> only support IE7 and newer in our services.
>
> Disabling SSLv3 hurts folks who need to support IE6 clients primarily.

if they really do need MSIE6 it's one checkbox in the settings to enable
TLS which i do at least since 2003 on every windows setup hence i was
shocked to get a complaint about disable ssl3 while all my test VM's
worked just fine

that was before EOL of WinXP
these days i would respond with "get rid of it or RTFM and enable TLS"

Re: POODLE and ATS configs

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Re: POODLE and ATS configs

Posted by "Jason J. W. Williams" <ja...@gmail.com>.