Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Gary Yao <ga...@apache.org> on 2020/02/07 21:54:04 UTC

[VOTE] Release 1.10.0, release candidate #3

Hi everyone,
Please review and vote on the release candidate #3 for the version 1.10.0,
as follows:
[ ] +1, Approve the release
[ ] -1, Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)

The complete staging area is available for your review, which includes:
* JIRA release notes [1],
* the official Apache source release and binary convenience releases to be
deployed to dist.apache.org [2], which are signed with the key with
fingerprint BB137807CEFBE7DD2616556710B12A1F89C115E8 [3],
* all artifacts to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4],
* source code tag "release-1.10.0-rc3" [5],
* website pull request listing the new release and adding announcement blog
post [6][7].

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours. It is adopted by majority
approval, with at least 3 PMC affirmative votes.

Thanks,
Yu & Gary

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12345845
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-1.10.0-rc3/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS
[4] https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1333
[5] https://github.com/apache/flink/releases/tag/release-1.10.0-rc3
[6] https://github.com/apache/flink-web/pull/302
[7] https://github.com/apache/flink-web/pull/301

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.10.0, release candidate #3

Posted by jincheng sun <su...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

- Download the source code [SUCCESS]
- Build the source release with Scala 2.12 and Scala 2.11 [SUCCESS]
- Checked/verified signatures and hashes [SUCCESS]
- Pip install PyFlink by `pip3 install apache-flink-1.10.0.tar.gz` [SUCCESS]
- Run a word_count.py both in command line and PyCharm [SUCCESS]

Best,
Jincheng

tison <wa...@gmail.com> 于2020年2月11日周二 上午7:56写道:

Posted by tison <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Rui Li <li...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding) for rc3

   - Built from source (release tag)
   - Downloaded binaries and verified Hive catalog/connector by manually
   running some queries against Hive tables

--
Best regards!
Rui Li

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.10.0, release candidate #3

Posted by Congxian Qiu <qc...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding) for rc3

Posted by Kostas Kloudas <kk...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

+1 (binding)

- Built Flink locally
- Tested quickstart by writing simple, WordCount-like streaming jobs
- Submitted them to Yarn both "per-job" and "session" mode
- used the yarn-session CLI to start/stop sessions

Thanks a lot Gary and Yu for managing the release.

Cheers,
Kostas

Posted by Andrey Zagrebin <az...@apache.org>.
Hi,

@Jingsong Lee
Regarding "OutOfMemoryError: Direct buffer memory" in
FileChannelBoundedData$FileBufferReader
I saw you created a specific issue issue:

In general, I think we could rewrap this error
in MemorySegmentFactory#allocateUnpooledOffHeapMemory,
e.g. suggesting to increase off heap memory option:
It can always happen independently from Flink if user code over-allocates
the direct memory somewhere else.

Thanks,
Andrey

Posted by Yangze Guo <ka...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Patrick Lucas <pa...@ververica.com>.

Posted by Benchao Li <li...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Kurt Young <ku...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pi...@ververica.com>.
+1 non-binding

I’ve re-done the manual EMR tests, including running some examples.

Piotrek

Posted by Yang Wang <da...@gmail.com>.
 +1 non-binding

Posted by Jingsong Li <ji...@gmail.com>.