Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <cd...@apache.org> on 2020/05/25 09:57:03 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache PLC4X 0.7.0 released

The Apache PLC4X team is pleased to announce the release of Apache PLC4X
0.7.0

PLC4X is a set of libraries for communicating with industrial programmable

logic controllers (PLCs) using a variety of protocols but with a shared API.

This is the last release of PLC4X with the "handwritten" drivers.

This Minor release will thus receive updates and fixes until

most users have switched to 0.7 and above (with generated drivers).

If you are interested in details of this, please check our website here:

https://plc4x.apache.org/developers/code-gen/index.html

This is probably the biggest release we had so far. It marks a milestone in
providing

Driver implementations for multiple target languages, as with this release
all

existing drivers have been deleted and replaced by new generated drivers.

We also took the opportunity to fix some of the problems we noticed on the

old drivers. Please note that starting with this version the connection
string syntax

has changed significantly and for some drivers also the address syntax. So
please

be sure to double check our driver documentation here:

https://plc4x.apache.org/users/protocols/index.html

However we suggest to update with caution and not instantly go into
production

without previously testing. As with all new things, even if we did a
serious amount

of testing, there might be issues hidden in the details. If you should find
any

regression issues, please report them as we are planning on speeding up the
release-

train significantly with this release. For the time being the 0.6.0 branch
will continue

to be maintained until feedback from the community makes us feel safe with

focusing solely on the new drivers.

Regards,

The Apache PLC4X team

[1] http://plc4x.apache.org<http://plc4x.apache.org/>