Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by foo shyn <fo...@optegra.com.my> on 2006/02/24 12:04:53 UTC

Tomcat servlet load handling

Hi,

I face problems when Tomcat is facing heavy load for a particular servlet. I
got a servlet which serves a large amount of data to users. When a
particular number of users is accessing this servlet, others failed to reach
it (receive nothing until the connection timed out). If they access other
servlets on the same Tomcat there won't be any problem.

My Questions are: Is it that the Tomcat have any settings to allow how many
users to be able to access a servlets at the same time? or is it that my
Servlets need to follow certain coding pattern? What would prevent the users
from accessing the Tomcat's servlet when other's running it as well?

I'm running on Tomcat 4.1 with J2SDK 1.4.2

Any opinions and feedbacks are welcomed.
Thanx

Regards,
FooShyn

RE: Tomcat servlet load handling

Posted by Tim Lucia <ti...@yahoo.com>.
It is the Connector element which you need to adjust, i.e., up the
maxThreads value.

    <Connector
        port="8080"
        redirectPort="8443"