Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk> on 2018/11/21 18:13:35 UTC

DKIMWL_WL_MED spams

Hello,

I have recently noticed spams spreading via amasonses.com and outlook.com.
hitting DKIMWL_WL_MED that pushed score below threshold.

especially amazonses.com mail seemed to be amazon cloud servers.

Has anyone noticed this too?

I have disabled DKIMWL_WL_MED for now.

Remember half the people you know are below average.

Re: DKIMWL_WL_MED spams

Posted by Matthias Leisi <ma...@leisi.net>.

We’ve also noticed this on our dnswl.org <http://dnswl.org/> spamtraps. Reporting to us also helps a lot :)

> The type of spam that is coming from Amazon SES lately is mostly people
> trying to sell contact lists.  I take it as a challenge to enhance my

Also a lot of Mainsleaze.

— Matthias

Re: DKIMWL_WL_MED spams

Posted by David Jones <dj...@ena.com>.
On 11/21/18 12:13 PM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have recently noticed spams spreading via amasonses.com and outlook.com.
> hitting DKIMWL_WL_MED that pushed score below threshold.
>
> especially amazonses.com mail seemed to be amazon cloud servers.
>
> Has anyone noticed this too?
>
> I have disabled DKIMWL_WL_MED for now.

Amazon has either loosened up their security or they have some customers
that weren't properly vetted.  I have noticed an uptick in SES spam
lately too.  I report them to SpamCop which reports them to Amazon's
email abuse.  Please report them to Amazon to help all of us out. Just
blocking them locally doesn't really help anyone because the spammer
will use another throwaway domain via SES to spam again soon.
The fact that Amazon will handle abuse reports properly means they
should get some trust points subtracted.  Users should be able to
unsubscribe and give feedback that "I never signed up for this email"
for the ones that get through.
The type of spam that is coming from Amazon SES lately is mostly people
trying to sell contact lists.  I take it as a challenge to enhance my
regex that blocks these types of emails not just from SES.

--
David Jones