Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com> on 2010/09/01 08:14:06 UTC

Re: A little help?

Kelly,

I assume you are using integrated Web service client for ILE, which is
based on Axis C++.  More information can be found at:
http://www.ibm.com/systems/i/software/iws/.   Can you please confirm?

If so, you are on the latest code base, so you do not need to compile
Axis.

The latest PTF for IBM i 5.4 is SI40680.

Nadir Amra
Integrated Web Services for IBM i Operating System
Internet: amra@us.ibm.com

http://xml.truckmiles.com/Webservices/ProMilesBasicWebServiceWSI.asmx?WSDL

> I use the wsdl2ws utility to build my stub code and that all seems to
> work just fine.  The axis stuff builds lots of BaseObject ->
> BaseObject_Array -> ArrayOfBaseObject kind of stuff which is confusing
> to say the least.  So I wonder if the problems I'm having is because
> I've gotten rusty in dealing with pointers to pointers or something
> else.  C# and Java WS clients work great out from the get-go, but
> since I have to do some manual coding with C++ I seem to have some
> trouble.
>
> Anyone interested in helping a guy out?  My client built on the
> truckmiles service is either crashing or returning Success or Failure
> based on which debug statements I remove, so I know there's some
> pointer bug in there.  I think the pcmws client code is bombing.  I
> can't use the handler code to see the raw soap that's being passed out
> & returned back because that stuff was never implemented in whatever
> version of Axis the 400 has.
>
> Anyway, I've attached two files.  I'd really appreciate anything.
Thanks!