Posted to dev@mxnet.apache.org by Sam Bean <sa...@stockx.com> on 2018/11/19 22:15:24 UTC

Scala Symbol API Question

Hello, I have some questions about the Scala API for the Symbol library.

I'm trying to figure out how to do something like this
https://github.com/ufoym/mxnet/blob/master/example/vae/VAE.py#L83, however
it seems the Scala Symbol API does not allow the mixing of symbols and
constants like the python library does.

It seems like if I want to use constants in my loss functions I'm going to
have to have a very large argsDict when I go to train since every variable
in the loss function definition will have to be symbolic. Is there a better
way to do this?

--
Sam Bean
*StockX*

Re: Scala Symbol API Question

Posted by Qing Lan <la...@live.com>.
Hi Sam,

please join the Slack MXNet. We also have a #MXNet-Scala channel there where you can ask more questions with Scala/Java.

Apart from that I have placed an issue for you:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-mxnet/issues/13403

Thanks,
Qing