Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Archana Naik <na...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/12 23:01:09 UTC

mobielspec workflow?

Hi, Devs

Recently, I noticed mobilespec has gone through changes and want to know
whats the new workflow to test all the plugins? Can someone please
summarize?

Thanks
Archana

Re: mobielspec workflow?

Posted by Archana Naik <na...@gmail.com>.
Yes..I made changes to createmobilespec.js to support amazon-fireos
platform along with cordova-lib's create.js and it worked. I was able to
create the app and run it on kindle fire. I am in good shape now. I will
commit my changes to the scripts soon.

Re: mobielspec workflow?

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.

Re: mobielspec workflow?

Posted by Archana Naik <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Martin

Re: mobielspec workflow?

Posted by Archana Naik <na...@gmail.com>.

Re: mobielspec workflow?

Posted by Martin Gonzalez <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Archana,
The recent changes in mobile spec are aimed to use cordova
plugin-test-framework.
plugin-test-framework brings a new style, usage of jasmine 2.0, and several
other features (https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-test-framework).

All tests were moved to its respective plugin, and ported to Jasmine 2.0.
Some features:
-No spies.
-timeouts(minimum).
-Process error callback or unexpected success callbacks instead of called
spies.
-Jasmine report with more information about the failed operation, which
contains the operation and a description about it.
-Jasmine reports include error callback object.

Old tests were removed.

createmobilespec module, it contains the changes to use this new style and
process the plugin-test-framework workflow, to access to "New-Style Tests",
use the first button on the mobilespec project created using the module.
createmobilespec usage remains the same (
https://github.com/apache/cordova-mobile-spec).

> Hi, Devs
>
> Recently, I noticed mobilespec has gone through changes and want to know
> whats the new workflow to test all the plugins? Can someone please
> summarize?
>
> Thanks
> Archana

Martin Gonzalez