Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andy Watts <an...@yahoo.com> on 2000/11/23 06:56:18 UTC

Security: hacker uploading files via catalina

Hi,

Over the last week someone has been able to upload files to my document root.  The file names are freechat.asp, getlatest.glh, chat_a.cgi.  The files are appear pretty useless, however it is the mechanism that allowed them to be uploaded which worries me.

I know for sure that the files are being uploaded by http.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate the help.

-Aandy