Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jason Warner <ja...@apache.org> on 2008/05/13 02:32:22 UTC

Upgrade trunk/branches 2.1.x to use Tomcat 6.0.16

Through some testing, I found that the NIO connector in Tomcat 6.0.14 has
some issues handling heavy load.  These issues appear to be fixed in Tomcat
6.0.16.  I'd like to upgrade trunk to use this new version of tomcat.  I was
going to upgrade branches 2.1.x while I was at it.  Any objections?

~Jason Warner

Re: Upgrade trunk/branches 2.1.x to use Tomcat 6.0.16

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
As long as it includes our required 6.0.x patches and passes the TCK,
then including it in 2.1.2 and 2.2 sounds good to me.

-Donald

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On May 12, 2008, at 10:03 PM, Joe Bohn wrote:

> +1 .... I think it makes sense to upgrade if you've built with the
> fixes that we need to have included and it doesn't create any other
> problems (esp. TCK issues).

Agreed. I think we should fix in both trunk and branches/2.1

--kevan

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
+1 .... I think it makes sense to upgrade if you've built with the fixes
that we need to have included and it doesn't create any other problems
(esp. TCK issues).

Joe