Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Lundquist <ml...@comcast.net> on 2005/06/28 20:17:11 UTC

Compiling Classloader (was Re: [Q] New JavaFlow alternative?)

On 2005-06-28 05:43:32 -0700, Reinhard Poetz <re...@apache.org> said:

> Geert Josten wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Just a thought: the nice thing about FlowScript is that it is
>> 'compiled' at runtime, but can't that be done with JavaFlow (or
>> something like that) as well? The JSP engines compile the java code
>> also at runtime, so why not? This way changing the code will no longer
>> require a restart/redeploy of the servlet and you still have type
>> checking at your disposal. Makes development easier..
>
> you know what, it's already available (in trunk) ;-)

Whatever happened to the compiling classloader?  I used that all the
time back in 2.1.4, and then I guess it went away?  The comments
explaining this for <reload-scripts> in cocoon.xconf have been removed
since then.  However, the docs still talk about it
(http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/flow/java.html#Dynamic+Compilation).

miss it :-(.

What is the deal with that, anyway?

cheers,
—ml—

Re: Compiling Classloader (was Re: [Q] New JavaFlow alternative?)

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
> I miss it :-(.

Maybe have a look into jci

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/jci/