Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Ray s <rt...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/18 12:49:15 UTC

ASC Filter option issue.

Hello, I would appreciate any help.I have been using Open office to write a
novel A few days ago, when accessing the document, I received a pop-up box
, labeled ASC filter options. All I got was #### when I clicked the OK
button. Any help  would be appreciated, as I have put a lot of work into
this. I tried downloading the recent version of OO, but it didn't help.I
didn't use any back up as I thought the cloud was a back up.
 Thank you,
Ray Tanza

Re: ASC Filter option issue.

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Sat, 18 Apr 2020 08:49:15 -0400
Ray s <rt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello, I would appreciate any help.I have been using Open office to write a
> novel A few days ago, when accessing the document, I received a pop-up box
> , labeled ASC filter options. All I got was #### when I clicked the OK
> button. Any help  would be appreciated, as I have put a lot of work into
> this. I tried downloading the recent version of OO, but it didn't help.I
> didn't use any back up as I thought the cloud was a back up.
>  Thank you,
> Ray Tanza

Your file is corrupt, possibly damaged due to over-hasty power-off of computer or closure of laptop lid, before the OO housekeeping has been written to disk.

Try the methods in this tutorial
See https://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=85038 for detailed instructions on how to

a) use Previous Versions (W7 and later) to recover previous versions of the file

b) recover your file as it was when you last opened or saved it, or as it was when it was last saved with AutoRecovery;

c) find previous versions of the file in the folder it is located in, but which have since been deleted;

d) un-delete the temporary files AOO wrote while you were editing the file, and then deleted.  This will recover your file as it was when you last opened or you last saved it.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>