Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Sridhar Raman <sr...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/19 14:44:43 UTC

Error while changing workspace name

I have a JCR repository with a lot of nodes.  Normally, I change the name of
the workspace by doing 2 things:
1) Changing the name of the folder under workspaces.
2) Changing the value in <Workspace name="test"> in the appropriate
workspace.xml.

Today, I am unable to perform the change properly.  The change happens, and
I get the new name in the list of accessible workspaces.  But there are no
nodes apart from jcr:system.  If I revert to the original name, all the
nodes come back once again.  And the strange thing is that the folder size
remains the same.

Any idea why this could be happening?

Thanks,
Sridhar Raman

Re: Error while changing workspace name

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
If you use a database persistence manager that uses tables with the
workspace name included these would have to be changed as well.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek
alexander.klimetschek@day.com

Re: Error while changing workspace name

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@day.com>.
On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Sridhar Raman <sr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> True.  Then, is there any way of changing the workspace name
> programmatically?

you could e.g. create a new workspace and clone the existing one.
workspace deletion is not yet implemented yet.

Posted by Sridhar Raman <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Stefan Guggisberg <st...@day.com>.