Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by bhupendra bendale <bb...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/03 07:07:05 UTC

display my index.jsp as default

I have placed my "directory" under %catalina_home%/webapps/
now i want to configure tomcat to display my index.jsp
page by entering only "http://localhost:8080/" what
changes should i make.

http://mail.yahoo.com

tomcat startup error

Posted by "t.n.a." <tn...@sharanet.org>.
I'm using eclipse and sysdeo. I attempted to make a small prototype
application, but I can't get tomcat to start.
This is what tomcat says when I try:

SEVERE: Error deploying configuration descriptor klapa9.xml
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Layout

klapa9.xml looks like this:
<Context path="/klapa9" docBase="D:/posao/klapa9/context" debug="6"/>

My project is obviously in D:/posao/klapa9/.

I started with tomcat 5.5.7 as well as 5.0.28 and got nowhere. Any ideas
what I'm doing wrong?

Tomislav

Re: display my index.jsp as default

Posted by Dan <da...@mcenter.com>.
Add the Context tag to your Host section of the Engine section in the
conf/server.xml file

(look for this section):
<Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
        unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true"

then add this below that:
        <Context path="" docBase="myDirectory/" debug="0"/>

Posted by Justin Crabtree <cr...@otc.edu>.
bhupendra bendale wrote:
> I have placed my "directory" under %catalina_home%/webapps/
> now i want to configure tomcat to display my index.jsp
> page by entering only "http://localhost:8080/" what
> changes should i make.

> http://mail.yahoo.com

The following will set the default page to display for the web
application.

<welcome-file-list>
         <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

As far as mapping the root to your app, you could put a redirect in the
root index.jsp to the jsp page of your choice.  Not very elegant, but it
would work.

--
Justin Crabtree
Java Programmer