Posted to user@struts.apache.org by struts user <st...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/27 21:27:16 UTC

Reposting: Retrieve Object value in ActionServlet.

Hello again,

I am reposting the following question and in need of
help. Any help is greatly appreaciated!!!

In my struts-config.xml file, I have:

<form-beans>
    <form-bean          name="userInfoForm"

type="com.mycompany.mydept.mypackage.UserInfoForm"/>
</form-beans>

<action-mappings>
   <action path="/userInfoConfirm"

type="com.mycompany.mydept.mypackage.UserInfoAction"
           name="userInfoForm"
           scope="request"
           input="/userInput.jsp">
      <forward name="success"
path="/userInfoConfirm.jsp"/>
   </action>
</action-mappings>

In my UserInfoForm, I have the following setter and
getter:

public void setFullname(String fullname){
	     this.fullName = fullname;
}

public String getFullname(){
	     return (fullName);
}
In my UserInfoAction servlet, I did the following:

User myUser = new User(fullName);

I have a user object and I would like to retrive the
user object value i.e. fullName and display it on my
JSP page. How do I do that? I will have a collections
of users and store them in a Hashtable eventually and
retrieve user information associated to the user. But,
I would like to know how to achieve my initial attempt
above. Please help!!!!

Thank you,
Lee