Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/07 18:00:51 UTC

Release PaxExam Karaf Testframework 0.2.0

Hey Guys,

I've finished the second feature release of the Pax Exam Karaf Testframework
today and it finally reached maven central. You might want to give it shot
if you need to do integration tests on Karaf base. It is as simple as adding
the following to your pom...

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.openengsb.labs.paxexam.karaf</groupId>
  <artifactId>paxexam-karaf-container</artifactId>
  <version>0.2.0</version>
  <scope>test</scope>
</dependency>
<dependency>
  <groupId>org.ops4j.pax.exam</groupId>
  <artifactId>pax-exam-junit4</artifactId>
  <version>2.3.0.M1</version>
  <scope>test</scope>
</dependency>

... reference your karaf based distribution ...

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.karaf</groupId>
  <artifactId>apache-karaf</artifactId>
  <version>2.2.3</version>
  <type>zip</type>
  <scope>test</scope>
  <exclusions>
    <exclusion>
      <groupId>org.apache.karaf.shell</groupId>
      <artifactId>org.apache.karaf.shell.dev</artifactId>
    </exclusion>
  </exclusions>
</dependency>

... and the following configuration section ...

@Configuration
public Option[] config() {
    return new Option[]{ karafDistributionConfiguration().frameworkUrl(
      maven().groupId("org.apache.karaf").artifactId("apache-karaf").type("zip").versionAsInProject())
};
}

... and your integration tests will run on the framework you've just
configured. The full documentation could be found here [1]. The changeset of
the new feature release could be found here [2]. Have fun and
don't hesitate to report any problems you encounter at this list or here
[3]. Btw, all sources are under Apache 2 License here [4] and will be
included in the karaf 3 release. It's just out of the ASF repos right now so
that it can be developed/released in faster cycles.

Kind regards,
Andreas

[1] https://github.com/openengsb/labs-paxexam-karaf/wiki
[2] https://github.com/openengsb/labs-paxexam-karaf/wiki/V0.2.0
[3] http://issues.openengsb.org/jira/browse/lab
[4] https://github.com/openengsb/labs-paxexam-karaf

Re: Release PaxExam Karaf Testframework 0.2.0

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
Hey guys,

I've just pushed an update to 0.2.1 of the paxexam-karaf testframework to m2
central. Should be there within the next hours. Special thanks to Rick
Vestal for finding and reporting the bugs fixed in this release.

Have fun and kind regards,
Andreas

Posted by "Jamie G." <ja...@gmail.com>.
Awesome work Andreas :)

Posted by Toni Menzel <to...@okidokiteam.com>.
Great work Andreas!

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
Hey Łukasz,

Posted by Łukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com>.
Hey guys,

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Great work Andreas.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

This seems really great, the osgi unit tests at Camel has a fair bit
of setup and whatnot.
So we may look into using this and be able to easier write unit tests.

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource
Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
Web: http://fusesource.com