Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Hasson Yehudit <Ye...@comverse.com> on 2006/11/05 09:43:35 UTC

[users@httpd] garbage collection mechanism with mod proxy

Hi,

I am working with apache 1.3.27 with mod proxy.

I checked the garbage collection mechanism with the following
configuration:

    CacheRoot "/var/cti/db/apache"
    CacheSize 10
    CacheGcInterval 0.2
    CacheMaxExpire 1
    CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.1
    CacheDefaultExpire 1

I did the following tests:

On time 0 :  sent a request to file 1 (4kb) -   the file was stored in
the cache
On time 8 :  sent a request to file 2 (4kb) -   the file was stored in
the cache
On time 9 :  sent a request to file 3 (4kb) -   the file was stored in
the cache
On time 13 : sent a request to file 4 (4kb) -   the entire files were
removed from cache, and file 4 was not stored
On time 14 : sent a request to file 4 (4kb) -   the file was stored in
the cache (the process repeated itself)

This process seems wrong to me, because according to the documentation
the GC should work as following :

*	new request arrives
*	apache determines if garbage collection needs to occur (
"garbage_now < lastcheck + every", where garbage_now is the current
time, lastcheck is the time of the last garbage collection, and every is
the gcinterval)
*	if garbage collection needs to happen:
*	apache sorts files according to expiration date
*	if file is expired, then it is removed from the cache
*	if cache is still too big, remove oldest files until we get down
to the configured CacheSize

			Can someone explain to me what's wrong?