Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Ralph Johnson <jo...@cs.uiuc.edu> on 2015/11/05 15:39:54 UTC

moving formulas, or, what version of Poi should I use?

My project has been using Poi 3.6 for a few years to import spreadsheets.
We export CSVs, but for quite a while we have wanted to export our data a
nicely formatted spreadsheets, so I decided to bite the bullet and learn
Poi and do it.   I developed something that lets us take a XLSX file as a
template and then it writes data into it, especially filling in tables.
Filling in tables causes rows to move, which means that the cell references
in the formulas are off.  So, I decided to fix it.

When I started looking for info on changing formulas in Poi, I realized
that 3.6 is woefully out of date and that 3.13 has much better support for
updating cell references when you insert rows.  So, I installed 3.13 and
made sure the system worked with it.   But 3.13 doesn't match the javadocs
I find for Poi on the web.   In particular, the javadoc says that XSSFSheet
has a copyRows method that takes a CellCopyPolicy as an argument, but it
doesn't have that method in 3.13, and I can't find that class.

So, is the javadoc for an older version of Poi?  If so, what do I use
instead of copyRows?   Or is it for a newer version?   If so, which one?

-Ralph Johnson

Re: moving formulas, or, what version of Poi should I use?

Posted by Ralph Johnson <jo...@cs.uiuc.edu>.
Thanks!  I will sign on to the trunk until 3.14 is released.

-Ralph Johnson

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.