Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by rehan <re...@askb2b.co.uk> on 2001/11/14 14:12:45 UTC

Problem in starting Tomcat

Hello Support,

I am facing some problem in installing Tomcat in RHlinux 6.1, i am using
Apache 1.3.9 and jdk 1.3.1

I installed apache with DSO support, i copied the source of Tomacat in
/usr/local/. i had also declare the path for Tomcat and jdk1.3.1
But when i run startup.sh from Tomacat/bin.
It gives me "BindException error", "port already in use".
I am not getting this error, as my no application is using this port, i
tried
with port 20000 also, then also it given me same error, i changed the port
in
tomcat.conf file.

If u can send the installation steps, it will be great.

Thanking u.

Rehan