Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2009/04/21 12:30:17 UTC

Adding description field(s) to the UserLogin entity

What about adding field(s) to the UserLogin entity to describe the
user login record?
It could be just a "description" field, or maybe a
"firstName"/"lastName" pair (all of them will be optional).
The idea is that, in a framework only installation, you don't have the
Party/Person entities, but you can create UserLogin records (with
associated permissions) to interact with the system.
It would be nice to have a mean to add some optional details to the
UserLogin.

What do you think?

Jacopo

Re: Adding description field(s) to the UserLogin entity

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Suggestions are always welcome Jacques, I was just joking around :-)

Regards
Scott

HotWax Media
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Scott Gray <sc...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
displayUserName ?

Jacques

From: "Andrew Zeneski" <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Andrew Zeneski <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Adrian Crum" <ad...@yahoo.com>

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Andrew Zeneski <an...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by awdesh parihar <aw...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Rishi Solanki <ri...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
IMO, displayName is the good choice to have as this is kind of description
field.
Another reason is to have displayName is that we have use at many places
username as parameters for the userLoginId field which in turn may create
confusion in future.
+1 for displayName.

--
Rishi Solanki