Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Laurie Harper <zo...@holoweb.net> on 2002/09/02 22:57:48 UTC

Re: Automated source config model?

Why not use CVS tags to do this? Just apply a cvs tag to the branches and
revisions that are part of the particular configuration a developer needs.
Something like:

Cvs tag -r V1.1 my_tag platform
Cvs tag -r V1.3 my_tag ui
Cvs tag -r V1.7 my_tag content

Then all the developer has to do is 'cvs update -r my_tag'. If they need to
pick up a file from a different branch, all they have to do is move the tag
onto the appropriate revision of that file.

If you use cvs modules to partition your source base into modules, it gets
even easier. And no scripts or config files to maintain.

L.