Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Aaron Axelsen <li...@frozenpc.net> on 2003/10/27 21:29:42 UTC

[users@httpd] SSL on Virtual Hosts

Hello,

I have an Apache 2.0 Virtual hosts set up as follows:

<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot /path/to/document/root
ServerName virtualhost.myserver.com
LogFormat "%v %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b" vhost
CustomLog logs/vhost.log combined
<Directory /path/to/document/root>
   Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
   AllowOverride All
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>
</VirtualHost>

SSl is defined as:

<VirtualHost *:443>
DocumentRoot "/path/to/document/root/"
ServerAdmin me@myserver.com
ErrorLog logs/ssl_error_log
CustomLog logs/ssl_access_log combined
All the other necessary ssl lines
</virualhost>

Is the best way of doing this to make one enter for each virutal host
containing ssl and http access?

Aaron Axelsen
aim: aaak2
email: axelseaa@amadmax.com

Re: [users@httpd] SSL on Virtual Hosts

Posted by Leif W <wa...@usa.net>.
Posted by "Roger B.A. Klorese" <ro...@queernet.org>.

Yes, other than for www.myserver.com...

Re: [users@httpd] About Apache 1.3.29

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* "Mark Clarkstone" <ma...@ntlworld.com> wrote:

> Can anyone tell me why there are no downloads for windows?

Because they aren't built yet ...

HTH, nd

Re: [users@httpd] About Apache 1.3.29

Posted by BAO RuiXian <ru...@pp.inet.fi>.
If you read the release carefully, you would notice that Apache 1.3.29
is better used on Unix platforms. As for Windows version, please choose
Apache 2.0.48.

Best

Bao

Posted by Mark Clarkstone <ma...@ntlworld.com>.

[users@httpd] Usgage of mod_gzip

Posted by Richard Correia <ri...@ugamsolutions.com>.
Hi,
 Anybody has a list of BIG servers using mod_gzip ?

 Are there any serious performance issues when using mod_gzip to server
textual content ?

Thanks
Rich

Re: [users@httpd] SSL on Virtual Hosts

Posted by Larry McFarlane <LM...@tconl.com>.
Won't this generate a certificate alert regardless?  For example, my
certificate is set for www.myserver.com.  If I do this for
newname.myserver.com, an alert will popup saying my domain doesn't match
the domain on the certificate...

Posted by "Roger B.A. Klorese" <ro...@queernet.org>.
> I thought that with namebased virtual hosting that all this could be
> accomplished via one ip?

The encryption is established before the Host: header is passed in order to

Posted by Aaron Axelsen <li...@frozenpc.net>.

Posted by Leif W <wa...@usa.net>.