Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Abhishek Pratap Singh <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/25 01:30:59 UTC

Map side join and Serde jar in distributed cache missing

Hi all,

I have enabled automatic Map join for any table less than 50MB. This table
needs a custom serde, which is added every time using add Jars(size of jar
is 25KB) in hive.
The problem is when hive performs map side join, classes in that serde jar
is not loaded and class not found exception is thrown. But if I disable map
side join, it works perfectly fine which showcase that the distributed
cache is working and serde jar is available.
Any idea what is happening in Map side join? I m using CDH3

Regards,
Abhishek

Re: Map side join and Serde jar in distributed cache missing

Posted by Aniket Mokashi <an...@gmail.com>.
Just a guess- Put your jar on hadoop classpath.

--
"...:::Aniket:::... Quetzalco@tl"

Re: Map side join and Serde jar in distributed cache missing

Posted by Abhishek Pratap Singh <ma...@gmail.com>.
i m using hive-0.7.1

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.