Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by NY...@aol.com on 2004/07/07 18:35:33 UTC

Unable to Deploy when Working on Server

Hello Axisers,

I am unable to deploy when attempting to work with Axis on a server-side
Tomcat installation.

I receive the following errors:
Processing file deploy.wsdd

----------------------------------
Exception:: (404)Servlet AxisServlet is not available
----------------------------------

When I check the Axis happiness page I see a barrage of information:

----------------------------------
type Exception report
message
description The server encountered an internal error () that  prevented
it from fulfilling this request.
exception
java.lang.NullPointerException
----------------------------------

I was wondering if anybody might be generous enough to lend me a helping
hand in telling me why I cannot get this to deploy. Axis is correctly installed
I believe. The web service ran properly on my local computer so I am confident
 it is correct. Furthermore I spent many long hours attempting to get the
Classpath setup correctly and feel that that is correct also.

For these reasons the answer to this problem is beyond me. The Catalina.out
file is very jarbeled from work co-workers were performing this morning and is
 of little help. If somebody could assist me, that would be excellent.

Thanks,
James Crosson