Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Philippe Khalife <pk...@dinmar.com> on 2001/10/21 23:07:13 UTC

MOD_WEBAPP: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException - addChild: Child name 'hostname.myserver.com' is not unique

TC4.0.1
Latest mod_webapp (from CVS), this also happens with the released version.
Solaris/Linux

I've already deployed mod_webapp once, and I had to change the ServerName
(httpd.conf) to be the IP address to get by this problem, but I want to know
if I'm doing something wrong.

my server.xml defines only the following:
Service "Tomcat-Apache"
Connector WrapConnector
Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
defaultHost="Same as the ServerName in httpd.conf"
One Virtual Host name = "Same as the ServerName in httpd..conf"

I've tried different combinations, with and with a <Host/> entry and
different ServerName and defaultHost, and it seems that anytime ServerName
matches defaultHost this error happens. Is that an error in the
WarpConnector? or I'm doing something incorrectly?

Anyone got any clues?
Thank you,

PK