Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by jsmch <js...@web.de> on 2008/10/28 14:11:40 UTC

Get Access to a ConnectionFactory&Topic through JNDI

Hi,

i´ve a problem and was not able to find any answer in the last days.
I installed some ConnectionFactory and Topics in the "JMS
Resources"-menu-item from Geronimo.

Next step i need is to make a lookup on this objects from an
client-application. But even that´s the problem.
I don´t know how to manage it, that my Objects habe an simple jndi-name.
Those JMS-objects have to be accessable from any other client.

I also tried the <global-jndi-name>-Tag because i thought ths would help -
but surprisingly it is deprecated in the newer Versions and i don´t find
something to replace it?

Maybe somebody can help me:-(

Re: Get Access to a ConnectionFactory&Topic through JNDI

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
Geronimo jndi is entirely in vm.  I don't know what you mean by a
client application, but if it is not running in a geronimo kernel
you'll have to use some other jndi such as the activemq property-file-
configured jndi.

david jencks