Posted to user@struts.apache.org by jionghui <a5...@motorola.com> on 2007/01/09 10:24:24 UTC

Web Design Tools

I am looking for web design tools that support struts bean tag library.
Dreamveaver is good but does not support bean tag and BEA Workshop for JSP is
expensive. Is there any other tools that I can use?

Re: Web Design Tools

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: Web Design Tools

Posted by CHARLIER Cyril <cy...@gmail.com>.
You can have Easy Struts with Eclipse but only with Eclipse 2.x .... :-(
(Current version is 3.2 !!)

Re: Web Design Tools

Posted by Craig McClanahan <cr...@apache.org>.
On 1/9/07, CHARLIER Cyril <cy...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/9/07, Robert Slama <rs...@spiritline.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Netbeans 5.5  is very well tool.
> > http://www.netbeans.org
> >

> Can you say more on hwo to interface netbeans with struts please :-) ?

When you create a new Web Project, one of the panels that come up offers you
a set of frameworks, including Struts and JSF.  Click on the Struts
checkbox, and your new project will come up with the Struts libraries
pre-installed, and a basic struts-config.xml file set up.

Craig

Re: Web Design Tools

Posted by Robert Slama <rs...@spiritline.org>.
Sorry, i mistook maillist.

r^

--
S pozdravom Robert Slama

SpiritLine s.r.o.
Bernolakova ul. 1A
901 01 Malacky

rslama@spiritline.org
gsm: +421 905 122 841
tel: +421 34 778 20 88
     +421 34 778 20 89
fax: +421 34 778 20 90

http://www.spiritline.org

Re: Web Design Tools

Posted by CHARLIER Cyril <cy...@gmail.com>.

Re: Web Design Tools

Posted by Robert Slama <rs...@spiritline.org>.
Hi,

Netbeans 5.5  is very well tool.
http://www.netbeans.org

--
S pozdravom Robert Slama

SpiritLine s.r.o.
Bernolakova ul. 1A
901 01 Malacky

rslama@spiritline.org
gsm: +421 905 122 841
tel: +421 34 778 20 88
     +421 34 778 20 89
fax: +421 34 778 20 90

http://www.spiritline.org

Mobile TV program
http://tv.spiritline.org

Re: Web Design Tools

Posted by Gareth Evans <ga...@msoft.co.uk>.

jionghui wrote:
> I am looking for web design tools that support struts bean tag library.
> Dreamveaver is good but does not support bean tag and BEA Workshop for JSP is
> expensive. Is there any other tools that I can use?

Gareth Evans

Senior Developer

MSoft eSolutions Limited
Technology Centre
Inward Way
Rossmore Business Park
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
CH65 3EN

--
Tel:    +44 (0)870 0100 704
Fax:    +44 (0)870 9010 705
E-Mail: gareth@msoft.co.uk
Web:    www.msoft.co.uk

Terms:
Please note that any prices quoted within this e-mail are subject to VAT.
All program details and code described in this e-mail are subject to
copyright © of MSoft eSolutions Limited and remain the intellectual
property of MSoft eSolutions Limited.
Any proposal or pricing information contained within this e-mail are
subject to MSoft eSolutions' Terms and Conditions
Disclaimer:
This message is intended only for use of the addressee. If this message
was sent to you in error, please notify the sender and delete this
message. MSoft eSolutions Limited cannot accept responsibility for viruses,
so please scan attachments. Views expressed in this message do not
necessarily reflect those of MSoft eSolutions Limited who will not
necessarily be bound by its contents.

Re: Web Design Tools

Posted by ch...@kattare.com.
If you want to carry on using Dreamweaver you can import a JSP tag
library into Dreamweaver from a variety of file types.

To import a JSP tag library into Dreamweaver:
Open a JSP page in Dreamweaver.
Open the Tag Library Editor (Edit > Tag Libraries).
Click the plus (+) button and choose JSP > Import From File (*.tld,
*.jar, *.zip).
Specify the .tld, .jar, or .zip file containing the tag library (int the
case of STRUTS 1.x it will be a .tld file)
Enter a URI to identify the tag library.
Enter the prefix to be used with the tags.
Click OK.

Re: Web Design Tools

Posted by jionghui <a5...@motorola.com>.
jionghui <a50125 <at> motorola.com> writes:

> I am looking for web design tools that support struts bean tag library.
> Dreamveaver is good but does not support bean tag and BEA Workshop for JSP
is
> expensive. Is there any other tools that I can use?

Thanks..But Eclipse seems cannot visual edit struts bean tag. I tried
MyEclipse, its visual web design can support
•	JSF Core Tag Library
•	JSF HTML Tag Library
•	Struts HTML Tag Library
But no support for Struts BEAN Tag in design mode. Also shift design mode to
source mode is slow. Not sure is there any visual struts component plug in for
Dreamweaver.