Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/25 06:45:34 UTC

[DISCUSSION] tweaking microphone list

Hello All,

The colleagues of mine are reporting multiple issues with microphone list:

0) Audio in OM usually not working
1) It is hard to set-up correct microphone
2) "System Default" microphone is not the first one in the list
3) there are lots of extra microphones in the drop down list

I don't observe these issues
#3 seems to be windows specific

At my very old 32bit Windows laptop with 1 physical microphone
I have
1) Default - Microphone (High Definition Audio Device)
2) Communications - Microphone (High Definition Audio Device)
3) Microphone (High Definition Audio Device)
4) Microphone (High Definition Audio Device)

Can you please report back to this thread if you can see any of the
above issues?

And couple of questions:
1) Do you feel we should remove some items from microphone list?
2) Do we need OM specific name for "Default" microphone? (something
that can be translated here:
https://poeditor.com/join/project/6UF8Mhql61)
2) Would the list be better if "Communications" microphone will be removed?

Thanks in advance for your answers :)

PS you can check your microphone list at
https://om.alteametasoft.com:8443/next/hash?app=settings :)))

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: [DISCUSSION] tweaking microphone list

Posted by Ali Alhaidary <al...@the5stars.org>.
We have been using OpenMeetings for few years now, since it used to use
adobe plugin. We did face such issues in the beginning, however, and for
long time, not anymore. We have asked users to:

1. Avoid windows, and if it was a must, use FF.

2. In android, use FF as your browser for the application.

3. Certainly use FF in macOS and iOS.

4. Strongly recommended moving for linux systems on laptops and desktops.

Since then, we almost had no complains on mic issues.

Ali

Posted by Tom Meierjürgen <to...@web.de>.
Btw. Microphone on this Laptop is working well, just the Laptop itself
is quiet slow  ;-)

Aw: Re: [DISCUSSION] tweaking microphone list

Posted by Tom Meierjürgen <To...@web.de>.

Screenshot from my HP G250 Laptop with Win 10 and Edge attached...Seems to be
the classical Realtek Chipset Issue :_)

**Gesendet:**  Mittwoch, 25. Mai 2022 um 10:19 Uhr
**Von:**  "Maxim Solodovnik" <so...@gmail.com>
**An:**  "Openmeetings user-list" <us...@openmeetings.apache.org>
**Betreff:**  Re: [DISCUSSION] tweaking microphone list

On Wed, 25 May 2022 at 15:15, Tom Meierjurgen
<[tomcatmj@web.de](mailto:tomcatmj@web.de)> wrote:

> Right, its a Desktop System with external Webcam connected via USB,
> Soundoutput via USB Speakers ;-)
>
> I can check it with 2 Laptops later on additional if wanted :-)

please check :)

I'd love to get as much input as possible :)))

> Greets from Cologne/Germany,

Thanks :)

Greets from Siberia/Russia (not the most popular country these days ....)

>  Tom
>

> Am 25.05.2022 um 10:02 schrieb Maxim Solodovnik:
>

>> And this seems to be external Webcam with Microphone? (i.e. it is not
laptop with mic/camera "on board") ? :)

>> On Wed, 25 May 2022 at 14:57, Tom Meierjurgen
<[tomcatmj@web.de](mailto:tomcatmj@web.de)> wrote:

>>> Windows 10 with Firefox 100.0 64 bit...same with opera 86.0.4363.59 and
edge 101.0.1210.53 ...

microphone list:

removed?

>  Maxim