Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by jordi garcia <jg...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/14 18:10:59 UTC

using loop controller and constant timer

Hello there,

I would like to do this planning test:

· N threads (forever test)
  - X requests (HTTP Sampler) from CSV datafile URIs (CSV Data Set Config)
with Loop Controller
  - sleep Y seconds (Constant timer)

How can I configure X requests before to execute the constant timer item (Y
seconds)?

Thanks in advance
Jordi

Re: using loop controller and constant timer

Posted by jordi garcia <jg...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much Deepak... it's the solution.

regards
Jordi

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by jordi garcia <jg...@gmail.com>.
I'm sorry deepak,

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi
Again Im not sure I under stand you correctly, in the test you have 1
sampler that is executed  X times (based on CSV file)
and you want a delay between requests (equal to the value you specified on
the constant timer)  correct?
In which case having the timer as child of the loop controller does work in
the sense that requests within a thread will be delayed by the value
specified(you can try it out). However if you have N threads , then the
delay does not apply for requests thats are made in parallel. If you added a

Posted by jordi garcia <jg...@gmail.com>.
Doesn't work.

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.