Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by vo...@gmail.com on 2008/12/08 17:08:08 UTC

Not seeing branch mergeinfo properties on repository upgrade to 1.5

Hello all,

I'm attempting to upgrade a 1.4 repository to 1.5.3 for the purposes of getting the merge tracking feature deployed, but I'm running into problems.  It appears that my repository's branches are not getting the mergeinfo property populated for some reason.  The only merge information I can see using the tools is related to moving files, and there are no svn:mergeinfo properties set anywhere as far as I can tell.

I've done both a full dump/load of the repository as well as trying an svnadmin upgrade + svn-populate-node-origins-index.  Is there something else I need to do?  Are there other diagnostic tools I can run to see what's going on?

Thank you,
AJ Lewis

Re: Not seeing branch mergeinfo properties on repository upgrade to 1.5

Posted by Mark Eichin <ei...@gmail.com>.
The whole point of mergeinfo is to record information that doesn't
actually exist otherwise - traditional merges just look like commits,
the information simply isn't there (barring site-specific conventions
about putting explicit parsable merge commands in commit messages, had
to work through a complicated merge using those once *shudder* but you
could use merge --record-only to convert those by hand...)

--
_Mark_ <ei...@thok.org> <ei...@gmail.com>

Re: Not seeing branch mergeinfo properties on repository upgrade to 1.5

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.

RE: Not seeing branch mergeinfo properties on repository upgrade to 1.5

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.

Re: Not seeing branch mergeinfo properties on repository upgrade to 1.5

Posted by AJ Lewis <vo...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com> wrote:

> SVn merge properties only exist when you do (commit)  a merge.

What is the svn-populate-node-origins-index too for?  I thought that would
populate the mergeinfo properties, but I must be mistaken.

Thanks,
AJ

Posted by Hendrik Maryns <qw...@sneakemail.com>.
Op 08-12-08 18:08 heeft vortechs2000@gmail.com als volgt van zich laten
horen:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm attempting to upgrade a 1.4 repository to 1.5.3 for the purposes of getting the merge tracking feature deployed, but I'm running into problems.  It appears that my repository's branches are not getting the mergeinfo property populated for some reason.  The only merge information I can see using the tools is related to moving files, and there are no svn:mergeinfo properties set anywhere as far as I can tell.
>
> I've done both a full dump/load of the repository as well as trying an svnadmin upgrade + svn-populate-node-origins-index.  Is there something else I need to do?  Are there other diagnostic tools I can run to see what's going on?

Have a look at my recent threads about merges, and in particular Mark’s
helpful answers.  The relevant message is:

HTH, H.
--
Hendrik Maryns