Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jia Pu <ji...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/24 22:48:32 UTC

Meaning of HBase thrift command argument?

Hey,

I have a question regarding the command line arguments one can pass
into "hbase thrift start" command. I set up HBase on a mac in pseudo
distributed mode. Then I execute "hbase thrift start", I got following
exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.AssertionError: Exactly one
option out of [-hsha, -nonblocking, -threadpool, -threadedselector]
has to be specified

But I could find much information regarding exactly what each of these
options means?

Can some expert shed some light on this?

Thanks
jia