Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Daniel Chen <da...@gmail.com> on 2021/06/16 02:17:55 UTC

[DISCUSS] SEP-28: Samza State Backend Interface and Checkpointing Improvements

Hi folks,

To accomodate for the new Blob store state backend system for SEP-29 we
have made significant changes to the state commit and restore lifecycle
along with changes to the checkpoint message format.

Here is the SEP wiki, please take a look:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SAMZA/SEP-28%3A+Samza+State+Backend+Interface+and+Checkpointing+Improvements

Please take a look, I will greatly appreciate the feedback.
Along with SEP-29 If there are no blockers, we are seeking to open the vote
on Monday, June 21st.

Thanks,
Daniel