Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Senaka Fernando <se...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/30 22:56:49 UTC

[Harmony-gc-5] Help from Parrot Community

Hi all,

The parrot community is interested in helping me with the project in sorting
out issues on the Parrot side. Mark Glines, mark AT glines DOT org,
volunteered to help me with some issues that may crop up. According to what
I have gathered Parrot has the ability to plug in a new GC, and, Mark
explained how it could be done. They like Harmony's contribution, in two
folds.

1. Getting to know whether their end works as they expect, meaning that
whether it is possible to plug alternate GCs
2. Making it possible for new GCs to get plugged in, such as the Harmony GC

In addition to the earlier discussions in this regard.

Regards,
Senaka

Re: [Harmony-gc-5] Help from Parrot Community

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Xiao-Feng,

They use both parrot-porters AT perl DOT org, their mailing list (public),
and the #parrot channel at irc DOT perl DOT org. As, far as I observed
(about 4-5days), the list is for mainly tackling bugs, and discussions
happen on the IRC channel.

Regards,
Senaka

Posted by Xiao-Feng Li <xi...@gmail.com>.

--
http://xiao-feng.blogspot.com

Re: [Harmony-gc-5] Help from Parrot Community

Posted by Egor Pasko <eg...@gmail.com>.
On the 0x418 day of Apache Harmony Senaka Fernando wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The parrot community is interested in helping me with the project in sorting
> out issues on the Parrot side. Mark Glines, mark AT glines DOT org,
> volunteered to help me with some issues that may crop up. According to what
> I have gathered Parrot has the ability to plug in a new GC, and, Mark
> explained how it could be done. They like Harmony's contribution, in two
> folds.
>
> 1. Getting to know whether their end works as they expect, meaning that
> whether it is possible to plug alternate GCs
> 2. Making it possible for new GCs to get plugged in, such as the Harmony GC
>
> In addition to the earlier discussions in this regard.

so good, so good!

--
Egor Pasko