Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org> on 2019/02/18 18:19:11 UTC

[vfs] webdav4 extending http4 provider?

Hi,

I'm trying to create a PR as a fix to VFS-686.
At first, I've tried to fix those in
org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.webdav package, but realized that the
changes will break API compatibility. For example,
WebdavFileSystemConfigBuilder#getInstance() can't be supported as-is
obviously.

So, I think we should do the following instead:
- Introduce org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.webdav4 package like we
did for http4 FS provider in org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.http4
package.
- Provide equivalent unit tests for the webdav4 provider, depending on
Jackrabbit 2.19.x+. (Also, see JCR-4401.)
- Disable the old unit tests for
org.apache.commons.vfs2.provider.webdav package, which is based on
http client v3, by default.

How does it sound?

Regards,

Woonsan

Re: [vfs] webdav4 extending http4 provider?

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org>.
Hi Gary,

I forgot to ask: I ended up copying the test data files and test class
files (in src/test/resources/test-data and src/test/java/code/) from
the core to commons-vfs-jackrabbit3. Is there a good way to avoid
duplicates?

I didn't choose Maven dependency plugin's unpack as it requires
'package' executed first. Maven resource plugin can copy from the core
directory, but copying he test resources with no possibility of
filtering -- even if not used at the moment -- makes me hesitate.

Regards,

Woonsan

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org>.
Hi Gary,