Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Julien Nioche <li...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/20 15:23:06 UTC

Specify increment gap with PatternTokenizerFactory

Hi,

Is there a way to specify an increment gap between tokens with the
PatternTokenizerFactory or do I need to customise it? For instance if I
split on commas in "*Books, Online Shopping, Book Store*"  I want to be able
to put a 100 position gap between say "books" and "online shopping".
There is of course the positionIncrementGap at the field type level but that
won't help. Am currently using v1.3

Thanks

Julien
--
DigitalPebble Ltd
http://www.digitalpebble.com

Re: Specify increment gap with PatternTokenizerFactory

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Is there a way to specify an increment gap between tokens with the
: PatternTokenizerFactory or do I need to customise it? For instance if I
: split on commas in "*Books, Online Shopping, Book Store*"  I want to be able
: to put a 100 position gap between say "books" and "online shopping".

Terminology clarification: an "increment gap" is what you configure the
analyzer to increment it's internal position counter by when it's used to
index multiple discrete values for a given field (using the
positionIncrementGap in schema.xml).

What you are describing is just the position "increment" for a token after
previous tokens produced by the same field value (ie: all one stream)

That said: No, PatternTokenizerFactory doesn't provide any means for
changing the default increment (1)

-Hoss