Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Allen Day <al...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/04 22:34:58 UTC

using HBase matrices/vectors from Mahout

Hi,

I'm writing some adapter classes that allow HBase tables and rows to
be used from Mahout.  I have a working HBase row / vector adapter
written, and now going to do another for table / matrix.  I'd like to
contribute this to Mahout.  A couple of questions:

* what package should this code be in?  is org.apache.mahout.matrix right?
* when I prepare my patch for JIRA, where should I put the classes i
the directory hierarchy?  these classes will introduce dependency on
HBase, so is contrib or examples the right place?
* best way to name?  I'm currently calling these as HBaseVector
extends SparseVector, will do similar with the matrix class.

Thanks.

-Allen

Re: using HBase matrices/vectors from Mahout

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
That all sounds about right.

This has nothing to do with hama, does it?

Do you have a way to consider an hbase query as a matrix?

--
ted