Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mats Andersson <ma...@bolina.hsb.se> on 2003/05/09 14:48:10 UTC

Two instances running of the default webapp

When I define a default web application in server.xml and start tomcat
the web application will run both as the default webapp and with the
path same to the directory under the tomcat webapps directory. How can I
prevent this second webapp from starting? I know I can always remove it
after starting tomcat, but it would be better to do it in a
configuration file once and for all. Is it possible?

Regards,
Mats

Re: Two instances running of the default webapp

Posted by Fredrik Westermarck <fr...@mdh.se>.
Mats Andersson wrote:
> When I define a default web application in server.xml and start tomcat
> the web application will run both as the default webapp and with the
> path same to the directory under the tomcat webapps directory. How can I
> prevent this second webapp from starting? I know I can always remove it
> after starting tomcat, but it would be better to do it in a
> configuration file once and for all. Is it possible?

Hi!

Change/add the attributes 'autoDeploy' and 'liveDeploy' to false for the
Host that has it appBase where the application that gets deployed is
located.

See
<http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/config/host.html#Automatic%20Application%20Deployment>
for more information.