Posted to dev@diversity.apache.org by Katia Rojas <ka...@apache.org> on 2022/04/14 21:33:06 UTC

The 2022 ASF Community Survey & Contributor Experience Research

Hello @everyone,

The ASF D&I team is back and ready to work on the second round of the
community-wide survey.

Many of you have already participated in the survey project started in
2020. In this second round, we would like to create continuity by building
on this strong foundation, but also adapt the survey based on the
participants' feedback. Therefore, some questions have been modified,
others have been dropped and others have been added. The goal of the survey
is to create a steady set of data that can show our barriers and help us
design improvements to help our communities flourish.

For those of you that did not participate in the previous round. Here is
some context:

In 2020, ASF took a bold step to assess the state of diversity and
inclusion within its communities. Bitergia executed a community-wide survey
and in-depth follow-up interviews that provided great insights and resulted
in several recommendations for addressing diversity and inclusion issues.
In 2022, ASF is continuing this bold path by ensuring the continuity of the
program with a subsequent survey round and the implementation
of improvements to some identified barriers. This is a second step, of
many, addressed to improve the diversity and inclusion of the community.

The content of the survey can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s0TVBFf-KvOTl3IejI2FFOOTdkugZlX_ptnN6YWMFN0/edit?usp=sharing

As we did before, we would like your contribution to this project, please
provide your feedback before the EOD of April 27th. We would like to finish
migrating the content to the survey tool by April 29th.

We will actively review your comments, we have included information in the
survey questions to justify the updates.

To follow day to day updates please join us on #edi-research in Slack. The
working gourp is actively posting in the chat and we publish updates on the
mailing list.

Thank you for your contribution,

Thanks,
Katia