Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Venkata R Madugundu <ve...@in.ibm.com> on 2009/12/02 20:30:04 UTC

Timestamped -1.0-SNAPSHOT is being packaged

Hi,

When I am packaging a WAR artifact which indirectly depends on 1.0-SNAPSHOT
version of XYZ.jar, somehow XYZ-1.0<timestamp>.jar is actually packaged
inside the WAR file.
This is happening with some artifacts.

Wouldn't the latest copy of XYZ-1.0<timestamp>.jar get picked up from the
repository and get renamed to XYZ-1.0-SNAPSHOT.jar while packaging ?

What I am doing wrong here?

I am using the following command to deploy...

mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=<groupId> -DartifactId=XYZ
-Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -DgeneratePom=true
-DrepositoryId=snapshots -Durl=<repURL> -Dfile=<local file path of XYZ.jar>

Thanks,
Venkat